Vacation Rentals & Packages - organized by:
Holidays in Bad Godesberg - The Bad Godesberg Travel Guide
[ source: Wikipedia]
Bad Godesberg Overview
Bad Godesberg is located along the hills and cliffs of the west bank of the Rhine river, in west central Germany. Godesberg is also the name of the steep hill, of volcanic origin, on the top of which are the ruins of the Godesburg, a castle destroyed in 1583 during the Cologne (Cologne vacation rentals | Cologne travel guide) War.
What is your insider travel tip for Bad Godesberg?
Where to stay in Bad Godesberg?
Check out our selection of hand-selected and quality Bad Godesberg vacation rentals and holiday apartments.
Things to See in Bad Godesberg
- Rhein in Flammen in May
- GODEMA Verbraucherausstellung
- Godesberger Ritterfestspiele
- Stadtfest Bad Godesberg (Innenstadt)
[ source: wikipedia ]
Popular Points of Interest in and near Bad Godesberg
[ source: Wikipedia ]
The Godesburg is a castle in Bad Godesberg, a formerly independent part of Bonn, Germany. Built in the early 13th century on the Godesberg, a hill of volcanic origin, it was largely destroyed following a siege in 1583 at the start of the Cologne War. In 1891, the German emperor Wilhelm II donated the castle's ruin to the city of Bad Godesberg.
In 1959, the ruin was rebuilt according to plans by Gottfried Böhm, to house a hotel and restaurant. Today, the restaurant is still in operation, but the hotel tract has been divided into apartments.
We collected some useful links related to Bad Godesberg. If you know a few more sites not listed here, or also know some insider tips or point of interests for this destination? Please share and submit your Germany travel tip. If approved it will be shown on this page!
More about the History of Bad Godesberg
- 722 - First official record of the town, which was named after a nearby mountain, the Woudenesberg (later Godesberg), a basalt cone where the Ubii, a Germanic tribe, worshipped the god Wotan.
- 1210 - On 15 October, Archbishop of Cologne (Cologne vacation rentals | Cologne travel guide) Dietrich I lays the foundation stone of the Godesburg fortress on the Godesberg mountain.
- 1925 - Godesberg is allowed to call itself "Bad" Godesberg, identifying it as a spa.
- 1935 - Bad Godesberg attains the status of a town.
- 1969 - Godesberg was incorporated into the city of Bonn (Bonn vacation rentals | Bonn travel guide). Since that time, it has been referred to as the "posh part of Bonn".
[ source: wikipedia ]
What makes this Live Like a German Bad Godesberg Travel Guide special...
This Bad Godesberg travel guide provides you with an overview of Bad Godesberg, Bad Godesberg pictures, and a local travel guide that suggests many special trips, unique activities, and vacation ideas, that you can't find in a typical Germany travel guide.
Some of this information is compiled from popular and well-known sources (e.g., such as Wikipedia, Wikitravel, and great pictures from Flickr). However, what makes this Germany travel guide special is that most of the travel suggestions and insider tips are provided by local residents, property owners, and our readers, who share and submit their travel tips with us. All submissions are then editorially reviewed to ensure high quality. All this information is logically organized within this destination guide to make it easy for you to find things quickly.
In addition, the Bad Godesberg destination guide features restaurant recommendations, restaurant reviews, where to go for grocery shopping, sports activities, getting around, cultural events and highlights, entertainment, and health related information - so you are informed for your travel to Germany, and you can learn about all the cool things you can do during your Germany vacation!