Have a question about Bad Godesberg? Ask a local resident for special Bad Godesberg insider tips ...
In case you have a specific question for Bad Godesberg or would like a Bad Godesberg insider tip from one of our local property owners and Bad Godesberg experts. Simply add your question and enter your email address. You will typically receive responses from us soon, in many cases within less than 24 hours! Please note: We do not share your email address with with anyone. Responses will solely be sent from us.
Popular Points of Interest in and near Bad Godesberg
[ source: Wikipedia ]
The Godesburg is a castle in Bad Godesberg, a formerly independent part of Bonn, Germany. Built in the early 13th century on the Godesberg, a hill of volcanic origin, it was largely destroyed following a siege in 1583 at the start of the Cologne War. In 1891, the German emperor Wilhelm II donated the castle's ruin to the city of Bad Godesberg.
In 1959, the ruin was rebuilt according to plans by Gottfried Böhm, to house a hotel and restaurant. Today, the restaurant is still in operation, but the hotel tract has been divided into apartments.
What is your insider travel tip for Bad Godesberg?
Travel Insider Tips for Bad Godesberg
Bad Godesberg Overview
Bad Godesberg is located along the hills and cliffs of the west bank of the Rhine river, in west central Germany. Godesberg is also the name of the steep hill, of volcanic origin, on the top of which are the ruins of the Godesburg, a castle destroyed in 1583 during the Cologne (Cologne vacation rentals | Cologne travel guide) War.
Things to See in Bad Godesberg
- Rhein in Flammen in May
- GODEMA Verbraucherausstellung
- Godesberger Ritterfestspiele
- Stadtfest Bad Godesberg (Innenstadt)
[ source: wikipedia ]
More about the History of Bad Godesberg
- 722 - First official record of the town, which was named after a nearby mountain, the Woudenesberg (later Godesberg), a basalt cone where the Ubii, a Germanic tribe, worshipped the god Wotan.
- 1210 - On 15 October, Archbishop of Cologne (Cologne vacation rentals | Cologne travel guide) Dietrich I lays the foundation stone of the Godesburg fortress on the Godesberg mountain.
- 1925 - Godesberg is allowed to call itself "Bad" Godesberg, identifying it as a spa.
- 1935 - Bad Godesberg attains the status of a town.
- 1969 - Godesberg was incorporated into the city of Bonn (Bonn vacation rentals | Bonn travel guide). Since that time, it has been referred to as the "posh part of Bonn".
[ source: wikipedia ]
Bad Godesberg is a municipal district of Bonn, southern North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. From 1949 till 1999 (while Bonn was the capital of West Germany), the majority of foreign embassies to Germany were located in Bad Godesberg. Some buildings are still used as embassy branch offices or consulates.
Where to stay in Bad Godesberg?
Check out our selection of hand-selected and quality Bad Godesberg vacation rentals and holiday apartments.