Have a question about Biedenkopf? Ask a local resident for special Biedenkopf insider tips ...
In case you have a specific question for Biedenkopf or would like a Biedenkopf insider tip from one of our local property owners and Biedenkopf experts. Simply add your question and enter your email address. You will typically receive responses from us soon, in many cases within less than 24 hours! Please note: We do not share your email address with with anyone. Responses will solely be sent from us.
What is your insider travel tip for Biedenkopf?
Travel Insider Tips for Biedenkopf
The climatic spa town of Biedenkopf is in western Hesse, in Germany.
The town of Biedenkopf lies in the west of Marburg-Biedenkopf district. Ringed by mountains reaching up to 674 m above sea level the Sackpfeife in the Rothaargebirge reaches this height the town lies on the upper reaches of the river Lahn. Together with 18 other municipalities, it belongs to the Lahn-Dill-Bergland region
Clockwise from the north, the following towns and communities border on Biedenkopf: the towns of Hatzfeld (Hatzfeld vacation rentals | Hatzfeld travel guide) and Battenberg in Waldeck-Frankenberg district, in Marburg-Biedenkopf district the towns of Münchhausen am Christenberg and Wetter (Wetter vacation rentals | Wetter travel guide) and the communities of Dautphetal (Dautphetal vacation rentals | Dautphetal travel guide) and Breidenbach as well as the towns of Bad Laasphe and Bad Berleburg (Bad Berleburg vacation rentals | Bad Berleburg travel guide) in Siegen-Wittgenstein district.
Culture and Sightseeing
- Schloss Biedenkopf (stately home) with Hinterlandmuseum
- Schartenhof Eckelshausen
- Wallau village museum
- Dorfstube Engelbach
- Private Holder tractor museum in Engelbach
- Eckelshausener Musiktage ("music days")
- Harmonica orchestra and mouth organ group
- Town park below the community centre
- indoor swimming pool at the community center
- Lahnauenbad (outdoor swimming pool)
- indoor and outdoor swimming pool in Wallau community
- four sports halls in the main community (Großsporthalle, Stadtschule, Lahntalschule, Jahn-Halle)
- Großsporthalle (sports hall) in Wallau, gymnasium in Weifenbach
- Franz-Josef-Müller-Stadion (stadium)
- Sports field in Wallau, football pitches in most communities
- riding hall
- shooting range
- Trimm-Dich-Pfad ("Trim-Yourself-Path")
- Perfstausee (reservoir) with bathing beach
- Every seven years, the town holds a Grenzgang in which people walk around the borders of the town's forest (see External links).
The Kartoffelbraten or popularly the Brott is a typical Biedenkopf culinary custom which has grown out of the autumn potato harvest. In many places in the forest, traditionally in early autumn, the tasty tuber is cooked in the glow of a heap of charcoal made from freshly felled beechwood. The unpeeled potato tastes best with butter, salt, liverwurst and salad. For the Biedenkopfer Kartoffelbraten, only three kinds of salad are traditionally served: radish salad, onion salad and herring salad.
[ source: Wikipedia ]
More about the History of Biedenkopf
The family of Biedencap of the stems of Hohenfels (Hohenfels vacation rentals | Hohenfels travel guide) and built a predecessor of the castle Biedenkopf. A railway was to be built at the end of the 1800s but because of an economic slump, it was postponed. On 1 July 1974 Biedenkopf lost the status as a district town. During the course of the Hessian regional reform of Biedenkopf district, the districts of Landkreis Marburg (Marburg vacation rentals | Marburg travel guide) and Biedenkopf combined.
The climatic spa town of Biedenkopf is in western Hesse, in Germany. The Kartoffelbraten - or popularly the Brott - is a typical Biedenkopf culinary custom which has grown out of the autumn potato harvest. In many places in the forest, traditionally in early autumn, the tasty tuber is cooked in the glow of a heap of charcoal made from freshly felled beechwood.
Where to stay in Biedenkopf?
Check out our selection of hand-selected and quality Biedenkopf vacation rentals and holiday apartments.