Have a question about Farmsen-Berne? Ask a local resident for special Farmsen-Berne insider tips ...
In case you have a specific question for Farmsen-Berne or would like a Farmsen-Berne insider tip from one of our local property owners and Farmsen-Berne experts. Simply add your question and enter your email address. You will typically receive responses from us soon, in many cases within less than 24 hours! Please note: We do not share your email address with with anyone. Responses will solely be sent from us.
What is your insider travel tip for Farmsen-Berne?
Travel Insider Tips for Farmsen-Berne
Things to See in Farmsen-Berne
- The state-owned Deutsches Schauspielhaus, the Thalia Theater, and the Kampnagel are well-known theatres in Germany and abroad. The English Theatre near U3 Mundsburg station was established in 1976 and is the oldest professional English speaking theatre in Germany having exclusively English native speaking actors in its staff.
- Art Gallery and Gallery of Contemporary Arts (Kunsthalle Hamburg) is located near central station. In 2008 the Internationales Maritimes Museum Hamburg opened in the HafenCity quarter.
- The Alter Botanischer Garten Hamburg is a historic botanical garden, located in the Planten un Blomen park, which now exists primarily in greenhouses. The Botanischer Garten Hamburg is a modern botanical garden maintained by the University of Hamburg.
- Grand church St. Michaelis (called the Michel)
- Old warehouse district (Speicherstadt)
- Harbour promenade (Landungsbrücken).
[ source: wikipedia ]
More about the History of Farmsen-Berne
In 1576, Hamburg (Hamburg vacation rentals | Hamburg travel guide) inherited both Famsen and Berne. Until 1 April 1937 Farmsen-Berne was an enclave between the Prussian territory. After 1945 Farmsen lost its rural character through the establishment of settlements, which attracted many new residents to it.
[ source: wikipedia ]
Farmsen-Berne is a neighborhood of Hamburg in District Wandsbek.
Where to stay in Farmsen-Berne?
Check out our selection of hand-selected and quality Farmsen-Berne vacation rentals and holiday apartments.