Have a question about Maifeld? Ask a local resident for special Maifeld insider tips ...
In case you have a specific question for Maifeld or would like a Maifeld insider tip from one of our local property owners and Maifeld experts. Simply add your question and enter your email address. You will typically receive responses from us soon, in many cases within less than 24 hours! Please note: We do not share your email address with with anyone. Responses will solely be sent from us.
What is your insider travel tip for Maifeld?
Travel Insider Tips for Maifeld
Maifeld is a Verbandsgemeinde in the district Mayen-Koblenz (Mayen-Koblenz vacation rentals | Mayen-Koblenz travel guide), in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It is situated south-east of Mayen, and west of Koblenz (Koblenz vacation rentals | Koblenz travel guide). The seat of the municipality is in Polch.
The two main rivers of the district are the Rhine and the Moselle, which join at the Deutsches Eck in Koblenz. In the west of the district are the Eifel mountains. These also include the large lake, the Laacher See, a volcanic caldera formed 12,000 years ago.
Things to See in Maifeld
- Burg Eltz, perhaps the most famous German castle
- Burg Trutzeltz
- Schloss Bürresheim
- Genovevaburg in Mayen
- Obernburg Kobern in Kobern with the Romanesque chapel Matthias
- Niederburg Kobern in Kobern
- Schloss Liebieg in Gondorf (Gondorf vacation rentals | Gondorf travel guide)
- Burg Thurant in Alken (Alken vacation rentals | Alken travel guide) (Mosel)
- Ehrenburg in Brodenbach (Brodenbach vacation rentals | Brodenbach travel guide)
- Burg Sayn and Schloss Sayn in Bendorf-Sayn
- Burg Bischofstein stone castle on the Mosel in castles
- Burg Wernerseck at Ochtendung
- Burgruine Virneburg
- Schloss Bassenheim
- Burg Namedy in Andernach (Andernach vacation rentals | Andernach travel guide)
Pfarrkirche von Bassenheim
Parish Church of St. Clement
The Geysir Andernach, the highest in the world
[ source: wikipedia ]
More about the History of Maifeld
The district was created in 1973 when the two districts, Mayen and Koblenz, were merged. The district has been 'twinned' with the Borough of Waverley in Surrey in southern England since 1977.
[ source: wikipedia ]
Maifeld is a Verbandsgemeinde in the district Mayen-Koblenz, in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It is situated south-east of Mayen, and west of Koblenz. The seat of the municipality is in Polch.
Where to stay in Maifeld?
Check out our selection of hand-selected and quality Maifeld vacation rentals and holiday apartments.