Have a question about Nuertingen? Ask a local resident for special Nuertingen insider tips ...
In case you have a specific question for Nuertingen or would like a Nuertingen insider tip from one of our local property owners and Nuertingen experts. Simply add your question and enter your email address. You will typically receive responses from us soon, in many cases within less than 24 hours! Please note: We do not share your email address with with anyone. Responses will solely be sent from us.
What is your insider travel tip for Nuertingen?
Travel Insider Tips for Nuertingen
Nürtingen is located on the river Neckar.
Things to See in Nürtingen
Riegersches Haus am Markt
Marktbrunnen am Rathaus
Römische Villa rustica
- Evangelische Stadtkirche St. Laurentius
- Evangelische Versöhnungskirche
- Evangelisch-Freikirchlichen Gemeinde
- Katholische Kirche St. Johannes Evangelist
- Evangelische Kirche St. Bernhard Neckarhausen
- Evangelische Kirche Raidwangen
- Evangelische Pfarrkirche Oberensingen.
- Evangelische Friedenskirche Reudern
- Evangelische Christuskirche Zizishausen
[ source: wikipedia ]
More about the History of Nuertingen
The following events occurred, by year:
- 1046 : First mention of Niuritingin in the document of Speyer (Speyer vacation rentals | Speyer travel guide). Heinrich III gave Nürtingen as a gift to the chapter of Speyer
- around 1335 : Nürtingen receives the city rights
- 1421 : Nürtingen is the domicile of the Württemberg widows.
- 1602 : The Maientag, a famous folklore procession and celebration is first recorded
- 1634 : Half of the population died in the Thirty Years' War and of the plague
- 1750 : 133 buildings were burned down in the great fire
- 1783/1784 : Friedrich Hölderlin and Friedrich Wilhelm Joseph von Schelling are pupils of the Latin school (German: Lateinschule). They are still commemorated in the town by the street name Schellingstraße and the name of a highschool Hölderlin-Gymnasium.
- 1945 : A few bombs hit Nürtingen. The Tiefenbachtal (a valley in south part of Nürtingen) was an escape route for German soldiers.
- 1948 : The population increases from 10,000 to 17,000 due to refugees and displaced persons from East Germany
- 1973 : The district of Nürtingen is merged into the district of Esslingen
[ source: wikipedia ]
Nürtingen is a town in the district of Esslingen in Baden-Württemberg in southern Germany.
Where to stay in Nuertingen?
Check out our selection of hand-selected and quality Nuertingen vacation rentals and holiday apartments.