Have a question about Steinach (Baden-Wuerttemberg)? Ask a local resident for special Steinach (Baden-Wuerttemberg) insider tips ...
In case you have a specific question for Steinach (Baden-Wuerttemberg) or would like a Steinach (Baden-Wuerttemberg) insider tip from one of our local property owners and Steinach (Baden-Wuerttemberg) experts. Simply add your question and enter your email address. You will typically receive responses from us soon, in many cases within less than 24 hours! Please note: We do not share your email address with with anyone. Responses will solely be sent from us.
What is your insider travel tip for Steinach (Baden-Wuerttemberg)?
Travel Insider Tips for Steinach (Baden-Wuerttemberg)
Steinach (Baden-Württemberg) Overview
The municipality is located in Kinzigtal, one of the most beautiful valleys of the Black Forest and lies directly on the famous Black Forest Railway and has about 4000 inhabitants.
Things to See in Steinach (Baden-Württemberg)
Heimat- and Kleinbrennermuseum.
Pfarrkirche Hl. Kreuz
The museum offers a glimpse of the place of the rural life of yesteryear.
The community offers a good infrastructure, all amenities are within easy walking distance: A small supermarket, 2 bakeries, 2 butchers, 5 restaurants, pizza service, Souvenir shop with original Black Forest cuckoo clocks, 2 banks, bus stops, train station, chemist, doctor and dentist.
The idyllic setting with lots of green land, farms, pastures and woods invites you to a quiet rest and multiple activities. Hiking, Nordic walking, cycling, tennis, horse riding and a heated outdoor pool provide for a variety of entertainment.
Only about 4 km away is the 18 hole Golf Club Gröbernhof
The nearest large towns are Offenburg, Gengenbach, Zell a. H , Haslach, and Wolfach. Steinach is the ideal base to see the sights of the Black Forest.
- an ancient, water-powered mill to grind grain farmer
- Burgruine Hohengeroldseck (13th century)
- Black Forest costume Museum in Haslach
- Besucherbergwerk Haslach
- Lookout "Brandenkopf" 1000 m above sea level with views of the Black Forest
- for the little ones: Forest Gnome Hademar Oberharmersbach
- Glassblowing Dorotheenhütte Wolfach
- Minerals stockpile of the mine pit Clara
- Summer toboggan run in Gutach
- Open-air museum in Gutach
- for the brave ones: Hirschgrund Zipline in Schiltach
- Triberg the highest waterfalls in Germany (grade 7, 163 meters)
- the world's largest cuckoo clock in Schonach
- Bear and wolf park in Schapbach
- Baumkronenweg and Schwarzwaldzoo in Waldkirch and the famous theme park attraction Europe
[ source: wikipedia ]
More about the History of Steinach (Baden-Wuerttemberg)
Steinach was first mentioned in 1139 in a document by Pope Innocent II.
[ source: wikipedia ]
Steinach is a municipality in the district of Ortenau in Baden-Württemberg in Germany.
Where to stay in Steinach (Baden-Wuerttemberg)?
Check out our selection of hand-selected and quality Steinach (Baden-Wuerttemberg) vacation rentals and holiday apartments.