Jazz in Quellenpark 2009
Categories: Family and Kids, Dining, Entertainment
Quellenpark at Bad Soden am Taunus
[ source: Google Earth]
On Saturday mornings from June 6th through September 5th, a series of Jazz concerts will be held outside of the town museum's barn. This unique atmosphere with the warm weather in Old Town makes the perfect setting for open-air concerts. It is a family friendly event filled with musical diversity. The concerts begin at 11:30 a.m. and end at 2:30 p.m., and as always, admission is free.
Jazz am Quellenpark - which also means Jazz at the Source Park, is an enjoyable activity for the whole family. It is reputed as a high-caliber program and should not be missed. While children play on the lawn, parents and grandparents get to enjoy not only the live music, but also cider, a glass of champagne and a hearty snack. There is seating available overlooking the Jazz am Quellenpark stage, but if one would like to completely relax the only thing you need is a blanket. The stage is set in the beautiful park gardens nestled between the extensive deciduous trees.
This year a varied program is offered to Jazz fans in and around the town of Bad Soden am Taunus (Bad Soden am Taunus vacation rentals | Bad Soden am Taunus travel guide). There will be 14 volumes of different Jazz styles -- Swing from New Orleans to Big Band sound and contemporary Jazz genres. On opening day, Saturday, June 6, "Echoes of Jazz" will be played. The full Jazz am Quellenpark series is listed below and also on the Bad Soden am Taunus Web site.
- 06/13/2009 Juliana da Silva and the Dornbusch Jazz Trio
- 06/20/2009 Overall Jazz Gang
- 06/27/2009 Big Band Erzhausen (Erzhausen vacation rentals | Erzhausen travel guide)
- 07/04/2009 Big Band Idstein (Idstein vacation rentals | Idstein travel guide)
- 07/11/2009 Seven@Jazz
- 07/18/2009 Golden Age Swingtet
- 07/25/2009 Mr. Jelly's Jam Band
- 08/01/2009 Engelbert Wrobel's Hot Jazz 3
- 08/08/2009 Spirit of Louis Armstrong Trio
- 08/15/2009 Frank Runhoff Quartet
- 08/22/2009 Frankfurt (Frankfurt vacation rentals | Frankfurt travel guide) Jazz Trio
- 08/29/2009 Jazz Gang
- 09/05/2009 Charity Jazz concert with the band Wiesbadener Juristenzeitung
[ source: bad-soden ]
Find and book quality Germany Vacation Rentals and Holiday Apartments ...
By State: Aargau, Appenzell Ausserrhoden, Appenzell Innerrhoden, Baden-Wurttemberg, Basel-Landschaft, Basel-Stadt, Bavaria, Berlin (region), Bern (Canton), Brandenburg, Bremen (region), Burgenland (Austria), Canton of Jura, Canton of Uri, Carinthia (Austria), Fribourg (Canton), Geneva (Canton), Glarus, Graubünden, Hamburg (region), Hesse, Lower Austria, Lower Saxony, Lucerne (Canton), Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Neuchâtel, Nidwalden, North Rhine-Westphalia, Obwalden, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland, Salzburger Land (Austria), Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Schaffhausen (Canton), Schleswig-Holstein, Schwyz (Canton), Solothurn, St. Gallen (Canton), Styria (Austria), Thurgau, Thuringia, Ticino, Tyrol (Austria), Upper Austria, Valais, Vaud, Vienna (Austria), Voralberg (Austria), Zug (Canton), Zürich (Canton), [ + ] more ...
Location, Map, and Driving Directions
[ view larger map ]
Additional travel infoMap and driving directions can be found on here.
Admission is always free.
The open-air concerts take place between 11:30 - 14:30 (11:30 am to 2:30 pm).
More Germany Travel Related Articles
- History of Freiburg
- What makes the Dinkelsbuehl Christmas Market special?
- German Winery Tours - What Makes Them Special
- Lake Königssee - Deepest Lake in Germany
- Cologne - Germany's Metropolis on the Rhine
- Pubs and Breweries in Düsseldorf’s Historic Old Town
- Five Must-See Places In Münster
- Dresden, unthinkable without Striezelmarkt and Christstollen
- Hamburg's Harbor
- Top 5 Wine Festivals in Rheinlandpfalz
Nearby Destinations Where You Can Find Nice Germany Vacation Rentals
Located on the river Main, Frankfurt is the financial capital of Europe and the transportation center of Germany. Frankfurt is the place of residence of the European Central Bank and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Furthermore, it hosts some of the world's… [ + ] More Details
Related: Frankfurt Vacation Rentals
Darmstadt is a city in the Bundesland (federal state) of Hesse in Germany, located in the southern part of the Rhine Main Area. The city of Darmstadt was founded by the Counts of Katzenelnbogen in 1330, though settlement in the area is known to have… [ + ] More Details
Related: Darmstadt Vacation Rentals