Top Ten Travel Destinations in Germany
Categories: Sightseeing, Cultural and History, General Travel Info
[ source: Flickr]
You want to travel to Germany? You do not know yet where you want? We have compiled our top ten travel destinations in Germany. From the idyllic Baltic Sea in the north, across the forested low mountains and river valleys known to the romantic palaces and castles in the south - Germany is surprisingly different.
- The North Sea, including the East Frisian islands (Sylt (Sylt vacation rentals | Sylt travel guide), Föhr) and the North Frisian Islands
- The Baltic Sea, including Fehmarn (Fehmarn vacation rentals | Fehmarn travel guide) and Rügen (Rügen vacation rentals | Rügen travel guide)
- The Frankenland (from Lower via Middle – Würzburg (Würzburg vacation rentals | Würzburg travel guide) – to Upper Franconia – Bamberg). Franconia has many magnificent, historical cities (such as [=destination:rothenburg-ob-der-tauber:Rothenburg (Rothenburg vacation rentals | Rothenburg travel guide) ob der Tauber:]) and cultural highlights (such as Bayreuth (Bayreuth vacation rentals | Bayreuth travel guide)) to offer.
- The Black Forest from Pforzheim (Pforzheim vacation rentals | Pforzheim travel guide) to Freiburg (Freiburg vacation rentals | Freiburg travel guide) (beautiful small towns with perfect tourist infrastructure and fantastic landscapes).
- The Weser and the Weserbergland, a picture-perfect river landscape, very accessible to tourists, with very flat countryside and quaint old towns of half-timbered houses (Hamelin (Hamelin vacation rentals | Hamelin travel guide), Höxter (Höxter vacation rentals | Höxter travel guide)). From Hannoversch-Münden (Hannoversch-Münden vacation rentals | Hannoversch-Münden travel guide) to Cuxhaven (Cuxhaven vacation rentals | Cuxhaven travel guide).
- Upper Bavaria and the Allgäu, which includes Munich (Munich vacation rentals | Munich travel guide) and the exceedingly popular Neuschwanstein castle, of course.
- The Pfalz (Palatinate) – Pfälzerwald forest and Kurpfalz. This also includes Heidelberg (Heidelberg vacation rentals | Heidelberg travel guide), since the region across the Rhine is the Kurpfalz which also belongs to this area. This region should have particular appeal for tourists from Texas or Pennsylvania, whose forebears may have had their home here (and on towards the Westrich/Hunsrück)
- The Rhine, from the Rheingau (including Rheinhessen – Rhine Hessia in Rheinland-Pfalz) through the Middle Rhine Valley (with the Loreley) to Bonn (Bonn vacation rentals | Bonn travel guide) (a nice, small and underrated city). This stop on the top ten list of travel destinations in Germany could include a visit to the future US Army headquarters in Germany, in Wiesbaden (Wiesbaden vacation rentals | Wiesbaden travel guide).
- Berlin (Berlin vacation rentals | Berlin travel guide) and Potsdam (Potsdam vacation rentals | Potsdam travel guide), plus the lakes of Brandenburg in their surroundings.
- Hamburg (Hamburg vacation rentals | Hamburg travel guide), from the Lüneburg (Lüneburg vacation rentals | Lüneburg travel guide) Heath into the “Old Land” (Alte Land – Jork (Jork vacation rentals | Jork travel guide), Stade (Stade vacation rentals | Stade travel guide)). Here, too, one finds a metropolis with a great landscape surrounding it, plus the mouth of the Elbe river.
What are your favorite top ten travel destinations in Germany? Let us know and share your comments below ...
About this Article
This travel guide has been written by Gaby Leeser.
Ich bin studierte Volkskundlerin und gelernte Fernsehreporterin , reise sehr gerne beruflich und privat durch Deutschland und verbringe meinen Urlaub seit Jahren nur in Ferienhäusern oder Ferienwohnungen.
Beruflich habe ich sowohl für das ZDF und den SWR gearbeitet, aber auch für verschiedene private TV Sender - daneben habe ich mich immer mehr auf Recherchen zu den unterschiedlichsten Themen spezialisiert.
Ansonsten lebe ich mit Mann und Foxterrier in Mainz , sammle alte Kochbücher , backe eigenes Brot und fahre mit meinen kleinen grünen MG gerne in die nähere und weitere Umgebung um Neues zu entdecken und stundenlang mit meinem Hund spazieren zu gehen.
Find and book quality Germany Vacation Rentals and Holiday Apartments ...
By State: Aargau, Appenzell Ausserrhoden, Appenzell Innerrhoden, Baden-Wurttemberg, Basel-Landschaft, Basel-Stadt, Bavaria, Berlin (region), Bern (Canton), Brandenburg, Bremen (region), Burgenland (Austria), Canton of Jura, Canton of Uri, Carinthia (Austria), Fribourg (Canton), Geneva (Canton), Glarus, Graubünden, Hamburg (region), Hesse, Lower Austria, Lower Saxony, Lucerne (Canton), Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Neuchâtel, Nidwalden, North Rhine-Westphalia, Obwalden, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland, Salzburger Land (Austria), Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Schaffhausen (Canton), Schleswig-Holstein, Schwyz (Canton), Solothurn, St. Gallen (Canton), Styria (Austria), Thurgau, Thuringia, Ticino, Tyrol (Austria), Upper Austria, Valais, Vaud, Vienna (Austria), Voralberg (Austria), Zug (Canton), Zürich (Canton), [ + ] more ...
More Germany Travel Related Articles
- Leather Museum In Offenbach
- Explore the Local History Museum in Aßlar
- The Aalto in Essen – Enjoy Inspiring Performances in Stunning Surroundings
- Erfurt Cathedral
- Budget Travel Tips: Germany on the cheap
- Frankfurt's Top Ten Attractions
- Schwanstetten – Quiet Oasis Close to Nuremberg
- Munich's Oktoberfest - Join One of the World's Greatest Parties
- Walhalla Regensburg
- Love Parade (Techno music festival) in Duisburg
Feedback, comments, questions?
If you have visited here please share your experiences with our readers on Facebook. Or, if you have other cool trip suggestions and would like to contribute a travel guide here, please drop me an email. We also are encouraging free-lancers, travel guide writers or publishers who have great Germany related content to send us an email and get in touch with us.
Ask a Local for special travel insider tips!
We make it easy for you to post your travel questions and get them answered by local residents and our property owners in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. This way you get unqiue travel tips, personalized to your needs. Just type in your destination in the search box and go to your desired destination guide. From there look for the "Ask a Local" box, type in your question and submit. Typically you'll get 2-3 responses within less than 24 hours.
Download free eBook: 10 Tips on how to Live Like a German during your Germany Vacation!
Register for our free monthly Germany travel newsletter and download as a gift this valuable eBook: "10 Tips on how to Live Like a German during your Germany Vacation" - written by Bettina Kraft, owner of the Live Like a German site.
[ + ] More Details
Add the "Best of Live Like a German" to your web site or blog!
Get the Best of Live Like a German badge, which shows the latest Germany travel tips, popular vacation packages, special trip plans, and a selection of travel guides. It can be integrated easily into your web site or blog.
[ + ] More Details